Pattaya is a world-renowned beach destination, situated on the east coast of Thailand. The city is renowned for its clear blue waters and beautiful white sand beaches. Pattaya is also home to many luxury resorts, hotels, and spas.
When planning your trip to Pattaya, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, the city is divided into two main areas: Pattaya Beach and Jomtien Beach. Pattaya Beach is the most popular tourist area, with its abundance of hotels, restaurants, and nightlife options. Jomtien Beach is a more laid-back area, ideal for those looking for a relaxed holiday.
Second, Pattaya has a tropical climate, with average temperatures ranging from 27-32 degrees Celsius. The best time for visiting Pattaya is between November and February when the weather is cooler and drier.
1. Introduction to Pattaya
Pattaya is located about 100km southeast of Bangkok. Pattaya is notorious for its racy nightlife and seedy reputation, but it also has a lot to offer in terms of beaches, activities, and attractions. The city is home to many high-end hotels and resorts, as well as a wide range of budget accommodations.
Pattaya’s beaches are some of the best in Thailand, and the city offers a wide range of water sports and other activities. Pattaya is home to several theme parks, including Cartoon Network Amazone and Ramayana Water Park. There is also a large selection of shopping malls, restaurants, and bars.
2. Things to do in Pattaya
Pattaya offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. The city’s most popular attractions include:
– Pattaya Beach: Pattaya’s most popular beach, is located in the heart of the city. The beach is great for swimming, sunbathing, and enjoying the many water sports on offer. The main destination for all tourists when visiting Pattaya.
– Jomtien Beach: A more laid-back alternative to Pattaya Beach, located just south of Pattaya. Jomtien beach is ideal for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
– Walking Street: Pattaya’s most famous street, known for its rowdy nightlife and raunchy bars. Walking Street is closed to traffic at night and is a great place to enjoy a night out on the town.
– Temples: Pattaya is home to several beautiful temples, including Wat Phra Yai, Wat Pho, and Wat Khao Phra Bat. These temples offer a glimpse into Thai culture and religion.
– Cartoon Network Amazone: A world-class water park featuring rides, slides, and attractions based on popular Cartoon Network characters.
– Ramayana Water Park: Another great water park in Pattaya, offering a wide range of slides and attractions for the whole family.
3. Where to stay in Pattaya
Pattaya offers many options of accommodation to suit all budgets. The city is home to many high-end hotels and resorts, as well as a wide range of budget accommodations.
– Luxury Hotels: Pattaya is home to many luxurious hotels and resorts, including the Hilton Pattaya, the Marriott Resort, and the Centara Grand Resort. These hotels offer world-class facilities and amenities, as well as stunning views of the city and the beaches.
– Budget Hotels: Pattaya also offers a wide range of budget hotels and accommodations, such as the LK The Empress, the D Varee Jomtien Beach Hotel, and the Pattaya Seaview Hotel. These hotels offer great value for money and are perfect for those on a tight budget.
4. Where to eat in Pattaya
Pattaya is home to a wide variety of restaurants, offering everything from traditional Thai food to international cuisine. There are many restaurants located along the beachfront, as well as in the city center.
Some of the best-known restaurants in Pattaya include The Cliff Restaurant, which offers stunning views of the ocean; La Gritta, which serves delicious Italian food; and Siam Pavilion, which offers a wide range of Thai and international dishes.
5. Tips for visiting Pattaya
- Book your accommodation in advance to get the best rates.
- Don’t forget to pack your sunscreen and swimwear – the sun is very strong in Pattaya!
- If you want to experience the nightlife, head to Walking Street which comes alive after dark.
- There are plenty of activities to keep you busy during the day, from exploring temples to learning how to cook Thai food.
- Tuk-tuks are the most popular form of transport in Pattaya – haggle with the driver before getting in to agree on a price.
6. The Best Time for Visiting Pattaya
The answer depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re interested in soaking up some sun, the best time to visit Pattaya is between November and February. These are the cooler months, with average temperatures in the low 30s Celsius. However, it’s also the busiest time of year, so be prepared for crowds.
If you’re looking to avoid the crowds but still enjoy some sunny weather, March and April are great months to visit. Temperatures are still warm (averaging around 33 degrees Celsius), but there are fewer tourists at this time of year.
But, if you’re looking for the best deals May and October are typically the cheapest months for visiting Pattaya. Prices for accommodation and activities drop during these months, as it’s considered the low season. However, keep in mind that Temperatures can be quite hot during this time ( averaging 34 degrees Celsius), so it might not be ideal if you’re looking to spend a lot of time outdoors.
Most Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Pattaya
Is Pattaya worth visiting?
Yes, absolutely. Pattaya is a bustling city with a wide range of activities and attractions to keep visitors entertained. From its lively nightlife and vibrant beach scene to its many temples and historic sites, Pattaya has something to offer everyone. Whether you’re looking for a place to relax or an action-packed vacation, Pattaya is definitely worth a visit.
How much is a night in Pattaya?
Prices for accommodation in Pattaya vary depending on the time of year and the type of accommodation you are looking for. Generally, you can expect to pay around $30-60 USD per night for a basic hotel room, or $100-200 USD per night for a luxury resort.
What is Lady drink in Pattaya?
Lady drinks are a type of drink that is often ordered for female companionship in Pattaya. They are generally priced higher than regular drinks, and the cost typically includes the company of the woman who orders the drink. While the exact contents of a Lady drink can vary, they often include spirits and mixers such as soda or juice. In some cases, fruits may also be added to the drink. Lady drinks are usually served in a glass with ice, and they are often brightly colored or garnished with fruit. While they are not required, tips are usually expected when ordering a lady drink.